Dakota County Community Services is holding multiple workshops to assist individuals and families who are applying for insurance through MNsure, Minnesota's health insurance marketplace.
Workshops will be held from 6–8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, at Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley; 952-891-7045
- Monday, Oct. 28, at Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville; 952-891-0300
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, at Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul; 651-554-6800
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, at Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan;651-450-2900
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, at Pleasant Hill Library, 1490 S. Frontage Road, Hastings; 651-438-0200
- Tuesday, Nov. 26, at Heritage Library, 20085 Heritage Drive, Lakeville; 952-891-0360
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, at Robert Trail Library, 14395 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount; 651-480-1200
- Tuesday, Dec. 10, at Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul; 651-554-6800
A certified application counselor will help attendees set up a MNsure account online, guide them through the application and answer any questions they might have. Those who attend a session should bring the names, dates of birth, incomes and Social Security numbers of anyone in their household applying for health care coverage.
Registration is required. To register, call the library branch that is hosting the session you want to attend.
Lakeville activities this week:
Books and Beyond Storytime: No registration is needed for the stories and craft event at Heritage Library. The theme is "Under the Sea" and the event runs from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Youth Snowmobile Safety Training: A four-session class for students ages 11-16. The first class is on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
Levy Information Meeting: This week's session will be at Lake Marion Elementary School on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 5 p.m.
North Creek Clean Up with Lakeville Friends of the Environment: Help clean up the area around North Creek at Steve Michaud Park on Saturday, Oct. 26.
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Lakeville Patch on Twitter.