In addition, AARP will be hosting activities throughout the day in Carousel Park, including live music by Vintage RAGGS and Urban Myth Band.
As for nighttime entertainment, Journey along with Pat Benatar play the grandstand starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $38, $48 and $58.
If you're looking to hitch a ride to the fair on a shuttle, look no further than Richfield to do so. The $5 shuttle from Best Buy corporate campus returns this weekend through Monday. Fair-goers may park in the Knox Avenue Best Buy parking lot (officially 7601 Penn Avenue) for free before hopping on a fair-bound bus. Here's what else you need to know:
- Service at this location only runs on weekends and Labor Day;
- Buses run 8 a.m. to midnight;
- Kids four and under ride free;
- Round trip fare is $5, riders should have exact change (Go-To cards and passes, tokens, coupons and SuperSavers are not accepted);
- Express buses serve gate 20 at the fair, located on the south side of Como Avenue, across from the Warner Coliseum.
For a complete list of bus stops throughout the metro, check out the full list here. For more information, call Metro Transit at 612-373-3333.
Check out the fair's website for a schedule of the day's activities and events. For more information about upcoming fair events or specials, and transportation options, see .
Getting to the fair from :
The Minnesota Transit Authority has teamed with the fair to offer express buses to the fair grounds from three South Metro locations:
Burnsville High School located at Hwy. 13 and Portland Ave. with hourly service on weekdays only.
Burnsville Transit Station located at Hwy. 13 and Nicollet Ave. with hourly service on weekdays; service every 30 minutes on weekends and Labor Day.
Eagan Transit Station located at Yankee Doodle and Pilot Knob Road at I-35E with service every 30 minutes on weekends and Labor Day.