The Lakeville City Council will meet at 7 p.m. today at for what is expected to be a routine meeting.
On tap are three presentations: the mid-year report from the liquor store and monthly reports from the police department and parks and recreation department.
Among the items for approval on the consent agenda include:
• A request for a one-year extension to develop the final plat for Appaloosa Farm First, a four-home and one-outlot development proposed on 2.59 acres west of Iteri Avenue and north of Iteri Court East.
• A resolution to accept $10,320.57 in donations to the .
• A proposed agreement with Springsted Inc. to help recruit the city’s new . The city would pay Springsted $6,000 plus expenses not to exceed $900.
• An agreement with Dakota County to rebuild Dodd Boulevard from 183rd Street to east of Hayes Avenue, to construct a roundabout intersection at Dodd Avenue and Highview Avenue and to rebuild Highview Avenue from Hollybrook Trail to 175th Street. The projects are estimated to cost $6.445 million, of which $3.52 million would come from city sources.
• An agreement with the county to build a roundabout at the intersection of Kenwood Trail and 185th Street and to expand Kenwood Trail from 185th Sreet to Jurel Way and 185th Street from Kenwood Trail to Orchard Trail to four-lane divided highways. The projects are expected to cost $6.472 million, of which $2.178 million would come from city sources.
• A resolution to prepare a feasibility report for the 2013 street construction project. Streets included in the project area are Donnay’s College Park, Donnay’s Valley Park, Donnay’s Valley Park Second Addition, Donney’s Valley Park Sixth Addition, Southbluff, Clay’s Acres, Dodd Terrace and The Meadows. Estimated cost of the project is $7.67 million.
• A resolution to reject bids to replace the 168th Street Bridge and to authorize staff to rebid the project next year. The low bid for the project was $200,000 more than city’s estimates.
BOARD OF EDUCATION SPECIAL MEETING
On the agenda are discussions about the district’s tax levy and refunding opportunity and about the board’s 2012-13 goals.