From Oct. 1 to Oct. 7, the Lakeville Fire Department responded to 18 calls for service including 1 dryer fire, 1 porta-potty fire, 1 outside equipment fire, 1 garage fire, 1 dumpster fire, 1 unauthorized burn, 1 medical, 3 motor vehicle accidents with injuries, 1 gas leak, 2 good intents and 5 false alarms.
There’s more to fire prevention than just having two ways out. Use these tips to plan your escape and stay fire safe!
- Make a map of your home. Mark a door and a window that can be used to get out of every room.
- Choose a meeting place outside in front of your home. This is where everyone can meet once they’ve escaped. Draw a picture of your outside meeting place on your escape plan.
- Write the emergency telephone number 911 on your escape plan.
- Have a grown-up sound the smoke alarm and practice your escape plan with everyone living in your home.
- Keep your escape plan on the refrigerator and remind grown-ups to have your family practice the plan twice a year or whenever anyone in your home celebrates a birthday.