From Dec. 24 to Dec. 30, the Lakeville Fire Department responded to 16 calls for service including 1 medical, 2 carbon monoxide incidents, 1 arching/shorted electrical equipment, 1 unauthorized burning, 2 good intents and 9 false alarms.
Electric blanket safety tips to help survive those cold nights:
- If the blanket gets wet, do not turn it on to dry it
- When not in use, roll the blanket instead of folding it to ensure that the wires will not be damaged
- Discontinue use if any of the following apply: wires are poking out of the material, the fabric is unraveling or if burnt patches of fabric are visible
- If the blanket is over ten years old, replace it
Stay safe and warm for the New Year!