If you’re planning to donate to local food shelves, here is a list of some items that nearby organizations are looking for.
- Canned Meals (spaghetti O’s, etc)
- Proteins (canned tuna, chicken, beef; sausage/other meats in vacuum sealed
- Canned Fruits
- Ramen Noodles
- Breakfast Items (cereal, cereal bars, pop tarts, etc.)
- Snack Items (granola bars, crackers, etc.)
- Baking Supplies (mixes, flour, sugar, oil, oatmeal, etc.)
- Gift Cards for $5 or $10 to be used for fresh foods
- Personal Care Items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant)
Canned vegetables are currently not needed.
- “Cellar” Foods: vegetables with long shelf-life, such as potatoes, winter squash, onions and carrots
- Fruits and Vegetables: apples, oranges, melons
- Dry Goods: oatmeal, rice, pasta, pancake mix, tuna and canned chicken, flour and dried beans
- Condiments: Mustard, ketchup, salsa, soy sauce
- Paper and Household Goods: toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap and laundry detergent
- Personal Hygiene Items: toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner and body wash
The Eagan and Lakeville Resource Center no longer accepts such items as pop, sweets, candy, chips and canned pasta.
Monetary donations are also accepted.
- Cereal (hot and cold)
- Powdered milk
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Canned fruit
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Personal care products (tooth paste, bar soap, shampoo)
- Disposable diapers (all sizes)
- Cash donations are needed to purchase bulk items
- Gift cards to purchase fresh nutritious food
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Lakeville Patch on Twitter.