Public school districts in the area (Districts 191, 194 and 196) have canceled all activities and community education programs for Monday, Jan. 6. The cancellations occurred after Gov. Mark Dayton ordered public schools closed on Monday.
Private schools in the area have followed suit including:
Dakota County Technical College is also closed on Monday.
Lakeville area businesses that will be closed are have set special hours on Monday include:
- All Saints Catholic Church: All parish activities and the parish office will be closed. Mass will be celebrated on Monday.
- Eagan and Lakeville Resource Center: The food pantries and mobile pantry will be closed.
- Green Lotus Yoga & Healing Center of Lakeville: Classes and appointments are canceled.
- Holly's Centre Stage Dance will be closed.
- Life Time Fitness-Lakeville: All swim lessons have been canceled. Details here. There is also a training special for Monday at certain times (see here).
The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority will run buses as scheduled.
Check back for updates.
- Gov. Dayton Orders Public Schools Closed Monday Due to Cold
- Will Schools Around Lakeville Close on Tuesday?
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Lakeville Patch on Twitter.