Drivers may want to find alternatives to driving on Interstates 35 and 35W this week.
Here is the latest on the I-35/35E/35W construction project from the Minnesota Department of Transportation:
A significant portion of this work is likely to result in congestion. Please be patient and expect temporary lane closures and detours as work is completed within each segment of roadway. Speeds reduced to 55 miles an hour.
35W northbound will be closed between the I-35/35W/35E Split and Hwy 13 beginning Friday, Aug. 16 at 10 p.m. until Monday, Aug. 19 at 5 a.m.
In addition, the ramps to and from northbound I-35W at County Road 42, Burnsville Parkway and Hwy 13 will close at this time.
I-35 north and southbound
• Single lane southbound between I-35/35W/35E Split and County Road 50 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 through 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19.
• Work on the I-35 portion between Elko/New Market and the Burnsville Split began July 29. The long-term head to head traffic switch is tentatively scheduled to begin on or around Aug. 26. Motorists will be reduced to a single lane north of Hwy 50 on weekends prior to the Aug. 26 date.
• Expect temporary non-peak lane closures between the I-35/35W/35E Split and County Road 2 as crews build temporary crossovers.
Southbound County Rd 46 access
• Ramps to and from southbound
• I-35 will close beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 and re-open by 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19