City Offices are open on New Year's Eve and closed on New Year's Day.
Lakeville Liquors will be open on New Year's Eve from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. It will be closed on New Year's Day.
The Heritage Center is closed on New Year's Day.
Dakota County Libraries close at 4:30 p.m. New Year's Eve and are closed on New Year's Day.*
U.S. Post Offices are open regular hours on New Year's Eve and closed on New Year's Day.
Trash pick-up on or after New Year's Day will likely be delayed. Check with your garbage and recycling hauler to make sure. A list of city-licensed companies are available on the Lakeville website.
Banks are generally open on New Year's Eve, but may have special hours. Banks are generally closed on New Year's Day. Contact your bank to find out specific business hours.
- Cub Foods is open 24 hours at both locations on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The pharmacy at both stores is closed on Jan. 1.
- Rainbow Foods will close at 9 p.m. on New Year's Eve and open at 8 a.m. on New Year's Day.
- Target will be open on New Year's Eve from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. It will be open regular hours on Jan. 1 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Walmart is open its regular 24 hours on New Year's Eve and Day.
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority has a special holiday schedule for the New Year. You can find the 2013 MVTA Holiday Schedule here.
*Correction: New Year's Eve hours for Dakota County Libraries were incorrect. The libraries close early on Dec. 31.
- Twin Cities New Year’s Eve Celebrations 2014
- Lakeville North Marching in Gator Bowl Parade, Halftime Show
- Rosemount High School Band to March in Rose Parade
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Lakeville Patch on Twitter.