According to the report, the calls consisted of the following:
- 2 medicals
- 2 motor vehicle accidents (1 with injuries)
- 2 gas leaks
- 1 carbon monoxide incident
- 1 electrical wiring problem
- 2 false alarms
- 2 good intents
The fire prevention tip of the week is on the use of turkey fryers:
- Turkey fryers should always be used outdoors a safe distance from buildings and any other material that can burn.
- Never use turkey fryers on wooden decks or in garages.
- Make sure the fryers are used on a flat surface to reduce accidental tipping.
- Never leave the fryer unattended. Most units do not have thermostat controls. If you don't watch the fryer carefully, the oil will continue to heat until it catches fire.
- Make sure the turkey is completely thawed and be careful with marinades. Oil and water don't mix, and water causes oil to spill over, causing a fire or even an explosion hazard.
- Only deep fry smaller turkeys - up to 12 pounds.