It’s been a busy week in Lakeville. Click on the headlines below to read the stories of the week.
To get caught up on this past week’s happenings throughout the rest of the South Metro, click here.
HOMELESS IN DAKOTA COUNTY, A PATCH SERIES
• Suburban Homelessness on the Rise, Local Leaders Say
• Layoff Leads to Homelessness and Drugs, Redemption for Eagan Woman
• Heading Home: Dakota County's 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness
• After Losing Job, 52-Year-Old Grandfather Struggles to Get Back on His Feet
• Look Beneath the Stereotypes Surrounding Homelessness
• Former Meth Addict Starts a New Life After Brush with Homelessness
• Successful Drafter Battled Personal Issues, Alcoholism Before Becoming Homeless
• Homeless in Dakota County: Get Help, Donate or Volunteer
• Dakota County Staff Face Daunting Homeless Challenge
• Homeless Students Especially Vulnerable to Academic Setbacks, Educators Say
• Guest Column: Homelessness Isn't Just Cardboard Signs or Loiterers on a Street
• Guest Column: "We Should Strive to Meet the Basic Needs of All"
• Guest Column: Homeless Man Lives on $92 a Month
• Guest Column: Homelessness Deserves a Unified Response
• Guest Column: Prevention Will Help Us End Homelessness
• Guest Column: Homeless Grandfather Grapples with Self-Image
• Guest Column: The Costs of Homelessness Are High
• Guest Column: Aging Out of Foster Care
• Pet of the Week: Elliott the Dog Is a Champion With a Heart of Gold
• Lakeville in Top 10 of Population Growth For Metro-Area in 2010-11
• South Metro Fun: Minnesota Renaissance Festival Opens on Aug. 18
• Patch's Summer Vacation Photo Contest—Week 2
• Ask a Patch Pro: Personal Fitness
• Bygone Bylines: Killer Whales Produce a 'Singularly Sinister Effect'
• Parents Talk: 'He Put What In His Nose?'
• Drawing Tonight for Massive $320 Million Powerball Jackpot
• Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Lakeville, Most of Minnesota
• 'A Fair to Remember,' Says Dakota Sheriff
• Man Arrested for Stealing Mail from Lakeville Mailboxes
• Lakeville Fire Handled One Building Fire, 17 Other Calls Last Week
• Lakeville Cop Helps Stranded Motorist, Discovers Felony Warrant
• Kidnapping, Burglaries, DUIs: Lakeville Police Map for Aug. 3-9
• Lakeville Man Charged with Resisting Arrest, Assaulting Officer at Airport
• Dumb Criminal: Lakeville Hotel No Place to Hide For Man With Warrants
• Primary Results: Who is Moving On to the General Election Ballot?
• Kathy Lewis Retiring From Lakeville's School Board After 22 Years
• Lakeville Council Member Kerrin Swecker Announces Bid for Re-Election
• Republican U.S. Senate Candidate Kurt Bills on Jobs, Agriculture and Being Called a 'Disciple of Ron Paul'
• Andrew Brobston, DFL Candidate for Senate District 58
• Dave Thompson, Republican Candidate for Senate District 58
• U.S. Rep. John Kline Easily Wins 2nd District Primary
• Filing Closed: Lakeville's Mayor, City Council, School Board Races Set
• Rep. Paul Ryan as Vice-President Pick: Snap Red Twin Cities Survey Shows Republicans Rallying
• Hitting the Polls: Lakeville's Primary Election Guide
• Greg Clausen, DFL Candidate for Senate District 57
• Roberta Gibbons, DFL Candidate for Minnesota House District 57A