Lakeville North beats Rosemount Irish 28-7 and the Panthers advance to the Class 6A title game next Friday.
Patch will have much more shortly.
Lakeville North's run in the State Football Tournament was expected. Rosemount's—not so much.
Listen to the game live here on Patch starting around 6:45 p.m. tonight.
North, 10-1, was considered one of the top teams in the state all year. They finished second in the South Suburban Conference and were the No. 5 seed at state. Rosemount, 7-4, lost to North 35-0 on Oct. 17, and has been the underdog in nearly all if its playoff games.
And what makes it even more unusual is that both teams are members of the same conference and section. In previous years, a state matchup like this was impossible. But thanks to some section playoff shifts the Minnesota State High School League implemented for the new Class 6A football format, the all-too-familiar foes square off for a chance to play for a state title.
The semifinal game kicks off at 7 p.m. at the Metrodome and can be heard right here on Patch. We'll have photos and coverage following the game. The victor plays the winner of tomorrow's Eden Prairie and Wayzata game in the Class 6A championship. That game is set for 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23 at the Metrodome.
Through a partnership with the Minnesota Sports Broadcast Network (MSBN), the Lakeville Patch site is proud to bring you LIVE streaming broadcasts of local high school sports for the 2012-2013 season.
For more information on local high school Sports Broadcasts, visit MnSportsNetwork.com!
See More on Patch
- South Metro News Roundup: Golf Course Redux, Marathon Survivors, and Another ‘Voice’
- Lakeville North's Incredible Comeback Forces OT, But Panthers Fall
- South Metro News: Stabbing Suspect Stands Trial, Politics Explain Tough Votes
- Lakeville North Hockey Shelled at State, Dominated by Edina 9-3
- Lakeville North Beats South to Claim Section 1AA Crown, Trip to State
Most Popular articles
- PHOTOS: Post Your Lakeville Prom Photos on Patch
- Walmart 'Employee' All Smiles Despite Crime, Target's Blu-Ray Bandit: South Metro Public Safety
- PHOTOS: Savoring the Taste of Lakeville, Gallery 1
- UPDATE: Lakeville Under Flash Flood Watch Through Monday Night
- Dog Killer's Victim Mourns Lost Pals, A Burnsville Bridal Boom: South Metro News Roundup