Lakeville North's volleyball team showed why it’s the top-rated team in the state Friday morning, dominating Shakopee 3-0 in the state Class 3A volleyball tournament semifinals.
The match was held at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul and Lakeville won the first game 25-11 and the second 25-20 before closing out the match with a convincing 25-18 victory in the third.
Lakeville, now 31-1, will play either Blaine or Eden Prairie in the championship game on Saturday. Last year, North lost to Eden Prairie in the finals.
SHakopee, 19-13, will play in the third-place game on Saturday against either Eden Prairie or Blaine.
Original story from Nov. 8:
No. 1 Lakeville North takes on No. 4 Shakopee for a chance to go to the Class 3A State Volleyball Championship at 9 a.m. on Nov. 9, and Patch has the live audio.
North, last year's runners up, and 2010 champions, have dominated this season thus far, going 30-1. Shakopee, the state champions three straight years from 2007-2009, are a much less impressive 19-13.
The Panthers dominated Anoka, 3-0, on Nov. 8 to get to the semifinals, while Shakopee squeaked past No. 3 Roseville with a 3-2 win.
Listen to the match, and stay tuned for a recap of the match after.
See More on Patch
- Lakeville South's Ringeisen Inducted into Minnesota Swimming Hall of Fame
- Lakeville North's Incredible Comeback Forces OT, But Panthers Fall
- Lakeville North, Other Surprises Skating under Spotlight at State
- South Metro News Roundup: State Hockey Berth, School Cuts, Eagan Eyesore
- Lakeville North Beats South to Claim Section 1AA Crown, Trip to State
Most Popular articles
- Hazardous Weather Outlook Issued for Memorial Day Weekend
- What's Selling in Lakeville? See These New Listings
- Thompson: Everyone Pays More Under DFL Tax and Budget Plan
- Lakeville Navy Captain Deploys to Arabian Gulf for Mine Countermeasures Exercise
- PHOTOS: Stars Shine in Lakeville Hospitality Businesses